This guide will show you the steps required to install the Hyper-V Role on a Windows Server. While this guide was created using Windows 2008 DC Edition, the steps should work for any Windows 2008 Server.
1.> Administrative Tools > Server Manager, then click Roles from the Left column menu, then Add Roles
2. On the Before You Begin screen, click
3. Check “Hyper-V” then click
4. On the Hyper-V screen, click
You can review additional information about Hyper-V from the links on this page.
5. Create Virtual Networks: Select the public Network Connection currently used by the server then click
6. Confirm you have selected the correct adaptor, then click
a. You may be required to restart the machine after the install. Click “You must restart this server to finish the installation process” then clickin the popup window.
After the reboot, the system will take several minutes to configure the new role. Allow the configuration to complete, then click